Owning property is almost always a good investment. If you’ve been thinking about exchanging your current home for your dream house, 2020 could offer the right time to move up. When you are ready to buy your dream home in the Gunnison Valley contact your local professionals at Premier Mountain Properties.
Is buying a home the right choice for you? Do you really feel that buying is better for you than renting in Gunnison Valley, CO? In fact, that’s often the case as long, as you are at a point in your life where you can afford to buy and will have a large enough down payment. Let’s look at some of the great reasons to buy a property now.
Naturally, when you are paying your mortgage, you are paying toward something that you will actually own. When you are paying rent, you are paying your landlord’s mortgage instead. Buying a home allows you to build equity in the property, which you can then use later if needed. Another benefit of buying is that you can deduct your mortgage interest and property taxes, which is something that renters are unable to do. This is another way to save some money.
Of course, one of the biggest benefits of buying a home is that you will have more control over what you are able to do with it. If you want to paint the walls or change out the flooring, you can do it. You can make changes far more easily. Granted, you might need permission to do some things if you have an HOA, and if you want to make additions, you will need to go through the proper channels. You have more options with maintenance as well, although it does mean you will be the one who has to choose, call, and pay for the maintenance and repairs.
Owning a property is a great option, and it could be far better for you than renting is right now. If you feel you are ready, get in touch with a real estate agent and start looking for properties in your price range right now.
We have had a busy and beautiful summer here in Gunnison County Colorado. Warm weather and local events have the streets bustling with activity and people. The Real Estate market isn’t slowing down either! Click to view any of the reports below and then contact us with any questions you have about how these reports affect you!
The Residential and Land Reports of Gunnison County provide you with the most accurate market information available. If you have questions about these reports and how they affect you and your investment please call us for a no obligation analysis.
Top 7 Winter DIY Projects in Gunnison Valley
Winter months bring cold days and long nights. We know it is a great time to get outside and enjoy the winter activities in Gunnison Valley, it is also a great time to look at improving your home. While you wait for the weather to warm up so you can get out into the garden, there are still plenty of great DIY projects to tackle, even in the winter. Here are 7 terrific ideas for the Do it Yourselfer in you.
- Paint Your Walls–Paint an accent wall or an entire room with a fresh color.
- Declutter–Sure this sounds like a fancy name for house cleaning,but decluttering is more than that. Remove excess furnishings to make your rooms seem larger and more inviting.
- Update Your Kitchen–A new backsplash or cabinet pulls can quickly change the look and feel of your kitchen.
- Add Insulation–This will provide instant satisfaction as those cold,drafty rooms feel warm and cozy. If you have some real skill, you can include changing out old windows or doors as well.
- Smarten Up–This is a great time to automate your home with Smart devices. Add security cameras, a smart thermostat or smart lights and plugs.
- Build Something–For the handy, winter months are a great time to add cabinets, a TV hutch or bookshelves to your home.
- Re-Grout Your Tile–From kitchen counters to floors, re-grouting can freshen up the room.